Local People Serving Local Needs —
Availa Bank's History
The roots of Availa Bank run deep in the Iowa soil. In 1870, German Bank of Carroll County began operations to serve its local community in western Iowa. Although the name of the bank changed to Carroll County State Bank during World War I, the commitment to local businesses, farmers and individuals remained the cornerstone for continued growth in the area.
In 2017, Carroll County State Bank and its affiliates made the decision to adopt a single name for all institutions. That name was Availa Bank.
Today, Availa Bank continues to celebrate our over 150-year tradition in each and every location — providing local service to our local communities.
Carroll County Bank is established in Carroll, Iowa.
German Bank of Carroll County purchases Carroll County Bank.
German Bank of Carroll County moves into building at 501 N Adams St. in Carroll, Iowa.
Name of bank changes to Carroll County State Bank.
Carroll County State Bank opens branch in Arcadia, Iowa.
Gronstal family acquires majority of ownership in Carroll County State Bank.
Carroll County State Bancshares purchases bank in Pocahontas, Iowa, with CSBank.
Carroll County State Bank launches its first website.
Carroll County State Bancshares establishes presence in Fort Dodge, Iowa, with CSBank.
Carroll County State Bank opens loan production office in Council Bluffs operating Council Bluffs Savings Bank.
Council Bluffs Savings Bank opens full-service bank at Mall of the Bluffs location in Council Bluffs.
Carroll County State Bank opens branch in Coon Rapids, Iowa.
Council Bluffs Savings Bank opens an office in downtown Council Bluffs.
Grand opening of new Carroll County State Bank main office in downtown Carroll, Iowa.
Carroll County State Bank completes merger with CSBank.
Carroll County State Bank, CSBank and Council Bluffs Savings Bank rebrand under one name — Availa Bank.
Availa Bank announces the purchase of branch locations in Webster City, Roland and Jewell, Iowa, and completes the acquisition of these locations later that year.
Availa Bank adds branches in Nevada and Holstein after completing the merger with Community Bank.
Availa Bank announces the purchase of branch locations in Ames, Ankeny, and Sioux City, Iowa, and completes the acquisition of these locations later that year.
Carroll branch adds new ITMs (Interactive Teller Machines) to the drive-up area.
Availa Bank opens new location in Denison, IA.
Availa Bank's Executive Leadership team works hard to come up with the perfect new mission statement, vision, and values to represent Availa Bank's growth and commitment to future financial service.
New Mission Statement:
Empower our team to inspire and enable our clients and the communities we serve to achieve financial success.
- We are owners.
- We believe our people make a difference.
- We know client relationships are key.
- We focus on our communities.
- We strive to be better than yesterday.
- Availa Bank will operate as one organization while recognizing that our markets and clients are diverse by providing solutions that meet their evolving needs.
- Availa Bank will enhance our banking experience by engaging clients in their preferred setting through desired delivery channels to maintain life-long relationships.
- Availa Bank will support the growth of our team through a commitment to training, mentoring, and career development.
- Availa Bank will focus on team satisfaction and retention while recognizing and rewarding accomplishments that align with the bank's mission and values.
- Availa Bank will strategically balance the objectives of steady growth and consistent earnings with sound risk management practices, thereby enhancing shareholder value.
Availa Bank adds ITMs to Denison, Council Bluffs - Downtown, Council Bluffs - Mall and Nevada locations.
In June of 2022, in honor of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, Availa Bank launches their financial education outreach program, designed to provide financial literacy presentations and tools to all ages.